I've been playing with a few other operating systems since I hosed my Windows 7 install on my laptop.
We're a commited XenApp house, so I decided to take another stab at getting the Citrix receiver working on Unbuntu 12.04 LTS.
Here's what I did:
Followed the Ubuntu CitrixICAClientHowTo here:
The above didn't quite work, so I modified it slightly:
- Download the latest libmotif3 from:
- Currently libmotif3_2.2.3-4_i386.deb
- Install libmotif3 using 'sudo dpkg -i libbmotif*i386.deb'
- Link it using 'sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libXm.so.3 /usr/lib/libXm.so.4'
- Download the Citrix Receiver 12.1 client and the USB support package:
- Citrix Receiver
- Download the two x64 packages
- Install both packages. This will generate errors:
- The icaclient will complain of an error 2 in post configure
- The ctxusb package will complain the the icaclient hasn't been configured
- I found this fix to the error here:
- You need to edit icaclient.postinst:
- 'sudo vi /var/lib/dpkg/info/icaclient.postinst'
- 'echo $Arch|grep "i[0-9]86 > /dev/null' with
- 'echo $Arch|grep -iE "x86_64" > /dev/null'
- Run 'sudo dpkg --configure icaclient'
- Run 'sudo dpkg --configure ctxusb'
- Added a couple of extra packages as suggested:
- 'sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer'
- 'sudo apt-get install curl'
- Running 'sudo ./opt/Citrix/ICAClient/util/hdxcheck.sh' generated errors about missing libs
- These missing libs all appear to be in /lib/i386-linux-gnu and the client works so...
- I didn't run 'sudo apt-get install libmotif4:i386' as I have no plans to run wfcmgr.
Running through our CAG - I get some SSL errors - I'll explain how I fixed this in the next post
Please let me know if you have any luck or not with the above!