I got the following results (best to worst):
- 4632 Firefox Nightly v36.0a1(2014-11-14)
- 4379 Firefox Nightly v36.0a1(2014-11-14)
- 3920 Chrome v39.0.2171.62
- 3709 Maxthon v184.108.40.20600
- 3319 Firefox v33.1 **
- 3306 Firefox v33.1.1 **
- 3194 SeaMonkey v2.30
- 2276 Internet Explorer v11.0.14 *
Totally unscientific means there was no control over that which was running in the background, the tests were only done once with no averaging and some of the browsers are beta or dev versions rather than all being stable versions.
Firefox and Firefox Nightly were tested twice as there were updates waiting, so I carried out one test before the update and one test after.
I was surprised IE11 was last, but it noticeably struggled in the Canvas tests in particular.
The following problems were encountered:
- * Internet Explorer 11 does not support Theora or WebM videos
- ** Firefox stopped and issued a script warning on Dcom Tree page and the scripts had to be stopped for the test to continue
Test machine was an HP ProBook 4740s running Windows 8.1 with all current patches.